Background

Monday, February 2, 2015

Elder Nelson, Transfers, and more!

We saw Elder Nelson this week! We had another mission-wide meeting (we've had 4 in the last 6 months, which is 4 times as many as we had in the previous 18), and he, Elder Lynn G Robbins, and Preisdent and Sister Taylor spoke, and incredible. There's a lot I could share, but I think the most important was a quote from Winston Churchill. It goes more or less like this: "Success lies in going from failure to failure with a loss of enthusiasm." Like many, I have not fully followed that counsel for most of my life. The more I've allowed it to play through my head though, the more I realize that that's what the gospel of Jesus Christ should and does allow us to do when we consistently study and live it.
    So, the time has come and I'm leaving Grand Prairie! We got the call this morning, and tomorrow I'll find out where I'm going and with who. This area has been exactly what I needed. I've learned about what it means to love and serve people; I've seen miracles; I've faced my weaknesses; I've made mistakes that have made me better; and I've learned more about the Savior. 
     The work here has been exploding as well. Yesterday, between the 3 companionships in our ward, 18 nonmembers came to church, and several individuals and families that have been reactivating came again. We've been greatly blessed.
Love you!
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment