Background

Monday, April 6, 2015

Raising the Bar

Unfortunately, this is one of those weeks where I've saved the family letter for the very end. So apologies if this is shorter than usual! 
    If you're wondering why I haven't sent any photos recently, it's because 1) I left my camera in another city last semester 2) I keep forgetting that Elder Hill has a camera because he never takes pictures either, and 3) some of the families in this ward have been awesome about sending yall pictures for us! But I'll try to take some this week. 
    How about conference?? I swear, the sessions seemed to get shorter and shorter every time I watch. I loved Elder Ballard's talk about young people needing to "raise the bar." Something I love about him is that he's always building and expanding upon thing's he spoke about in the past. I just love the consistency. We were only able to get one long time investigator to come to a session at the church w/ us and it was his first time, so we'll follow up with him today. 
    We helped a girl who recently graduated high school set a baptismal goal this week! Her name is Morgan. We've only had two lessons but she seems very willing and like she could fit in great with some of the YSA's and young women in our ward. Please pray for her to progress, create friendships in the ward, and that the rest of her family will begin to investigate! 
Love,
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment