Background

Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad!

Merry Christmas everyone!! 
We had a pretty good week. We've been having some incredible experiences as we visit with members and investigators. Yesterday Alfonzo, the boyfriend of Ana and stepdad of Analee, got up in front of Elders quorum, and said that finding the Church and being there with his family is the best Christmas present he has received. He bore his testimony, and sat down. It was awesome!
     This Christmas, I have been humbled and deeply impressed by God's love for us. By the truly inexpressible gift of His Son, Jesus Christ. It fills me with peace when I consider that we have such a Father, and that Christ really is as loving as He is. I often feel inadequate to wear His name every day and know that I am among His representatives on earth. I can only do so because I know that through His Atonement the Lord permits me to. 
   
"For unto us child is bornunto us son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, CounsellorThe mighty GodThe everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." 
Isaiah 9:6
I testify that He lives. Of that I feel certain. The best I can say, as the prophets and apostles put it in The Living Christ, is this: "God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son!"
I love each of you, and I'm so sorry for any lack of support or care I've showed throughout the years. Thank you for everything you are and do. I can't wait to talk on Thursday! 
Love,
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment