Background

Monday, December 1, 2014

He is the Gift

Buenos dias! 
We had a good week. Thanksgiving was pretty good. We had two delicious meals and had a first visit with a family of 8! It turned into a long visit, but they asked us why there are so many churches today and we had a great discussion with visual aids.
He is the Gift. You've probably already heard about, but if you haven't seen it yet, watch it. It's incredible. And after you watch it, please pray to know how you can apply the message and who you can share it with. http://www.mormon.org/christmas. If you share it please let me know! It inspires me.
    Not too much more to say except that I feel like my understanding of what it means to really apply the gospel is growing a lot this transfer. It's honestly been painful and frustrating as I try to change a lot my mindsets and behaviors, but I'm feeling the Spirit more and feel more peace. 
   Remember the Rodriguez family? They are one of the most fun, generous, and rewarding families to work with that I've seen in my mission. Unfortunately, during their trip to Mexico last week their house was robbed. As Elder Del Aguila and I talked about this this morning, this quote from Joseph Smith came to mind:

  ‘You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and God will feel after you, and He will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom of God.’
To be honest, I don't know anything about that. But I have met and talked to many people who have, and I know it is one of the most difficult yet essential parts of our mortal experience. I know that through the enabling grace of Jesus Christ that we can overcome and be better because of our hardships and sufferings.
The most recent Mormon Message talks about just this. The Refiner's Fire. http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?im=true&v=3897359657001

Love, 
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment