Background

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Out in the Country


Dear Family,

I got transferred! After 6 months in Seagoville, I'm now in east Texas, which is about 3 and a half hours outside of downtown Dallas. I'm back to working only Spanish, and for the first time I have a legit hispanic companion! His name is Elder Vasquez, and he's from el Salvador. We cover 7-8 cities, which to me was mind-blowing. It's absolutely gorgeous here. it's very similar to Virginia, actually--lots of greenery and trees, and most things are quiet and slower-paced. I'll try to send some pictures from last transfer & with Elder Vasquez next week. 
    Last week we saw miracles in our area. One of the greatest ones happened when i was on exchanges and Elder Nebeker (my last companion) was in our area with another missionary. They were in a neighborhood knocking doors, and started talking to a man about to enter his house. He told them he had been at work, and for some reason he had the strong feeling he needed to go home. He got there and waited in the car for awhile, wondering what he was supposed to do. Apparently he felt something when he saw the missionaries though, because as he got to the front door he delayed going inside hoping they would talk to him. They gave him a Book of Mormon and basically had a lesson on his porch, and had a great experience. I don't know what's going to happen to him, but it was testimony to me that, as Preach My Gospel says, "the Lord is preparing people to receive you [the missionaries] and the restored gospel. He will lead you to them or He will lead them to you" (p. 155). 
     Jesus Christ is our Savior, and he will heal, guide, and help us through all of our trials. I've seen people change through their obedience, faith, repentance, and His grace. I love the opportunity to celebrate His Atonement and resurrection and this time of year. 
     By the way, the church has just come out with a new video called "Because of Him". If you haven't seen it, check it out (http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694)  and share it. This is a great opportunity to share our testimonies of Jesus Christ with our friends and family. 

Love,

Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment